5.27.2011

Birthday Art

Recently, my hubby and I have been discussing the lack of varied art in our home. We own a couple of posters that we have had professionally framed, but we lack art that isn't mass produced. Don't get me wrong, I am all about framing posters, post-cards, maps, stationary, etc.  However, we wanted to diversify our space with some new stuff.

With all that said, my loving husband purchased this piece of art for me from 20x200. Unfortunately, due to some shipping issues (which I want to note that 20x200 rectified right away) we didn't get the artwork in time for my actual birthday, but we have it now and LOVE it!

Artwork by Jessica Sanchez

I also selfishly purchased an additional piece of art as a birthday gift to myself. Does anyone else do this, or am I the only self-indulgent person? I first saw this poster (the Chicago version) on the wall of my friends home. Then, last month I saw another version (Des Moines) on the wall of my other friends home. After some no careful consideration I decided I wanted the Minneapolis version. I lurve it!

Artwork by Jenny Beorkrem of Ork Posters

What about you guys? Any new art recently? If you haven't bought it yet, do you have your eye on anything?

1 comment:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love the print! 20x200 is the best. i also really like the neighborhood poster, ive been wanting to get a chicago one for a while now. have a great weekend! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams