4.26.2011

Modified Gallery Wall

Meg and I both have gallery walls in our homes. We have even helped friends & siblings create their own gallery walls (remember the wax paper is king post)? I came across this idea on Design Darling and am totally enamored.



Image via Design Darling



Image via Design Hole









I wouldn't think that this approach would really suite me, as I typically like things to appear very orderly, but I really love this! The best part about it is the fluidity, you can change the focus based on how you feel each. Feeling more black & white, pull those frames to the front. Maybe you are in a springy mood, so you can simply shift the brightly colored pieces you have into the lime-light.

And most of all, the change doesn't cost you a thing, with regards to money OR effort. No new nails to hammer, no new expensive pieces of artwork, just make a shift and you have a whole new wall!

Yes, this would be a dusting nightmare, but I think it is worth it!

1 comment:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i realllly like this idea, esp since im not so good about hanging up artwork in the place. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams