4.05.2011

Stenciling with Sharpies

A quick spin around the blog-o-sphere and you are sure to find some Sharpie inspiration. Some of my favorites include:

This stenciled wallpaper from A Penny Saved. Isn't is amazing!?!
Image via A Penny Saved a.k.a. Gus & Lula

Or this creative and totally inspiring "headboard" from Rethink Design Studio. 
Can you believe they did this with a Sharpie!

sharpie3.jpg

The project was featured here on HGTV

I wish I was talented enough to pull off something like this. This was done by one, Charlie Kratzer, with $10 worth of Sharpies. Get the full scoop on the project here.

Image via Design*Sponge

So, with all this inspiration, and a desire to get something done that didn't require that I wear one of these....

I stopped at my local Blick Art Supply on the way home and got myself some Sharpies. 
Here is a sneak peak of the project. After pics to follow soon!!



4 comments:

Ashley {A Cat in Gloves} said...

LOVE this idea. can't wait to see the finished project.

www.catingloves.blogspot.com

Kara said...

Oh, this looks promising!! Excited to see what it turns out looking like!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

what a good idea, you two have way more patience than i would :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

abby said...

looove all of these ideas. will you post a tutorial when you do yours. i want to try! even if it's just a small wall. :)