11.09.2010

Alphabet Soup

One of my favorite trends is using monograms/letters in decor. I think that it looks retro, modern, and classic all at once. Below are some pretty cool examples:

via Houzz

                                                                         via Houzz

                                                            via Blush and Bashful

                                                                          via HGVT

                                                                       via HGVT

                                                                 via Anthropologie

                                                                  via Jonmordecor

                                                                 Source unknown

                                                                   via CraftZine

                                                                  Via littlelovables

Of course, I just had to jump on board that train. And I did - a few times in my own house. 

First my lovely bookends from Barns & Noble


Below is my awesome find in a vintage clothing store in Breckenridge, CO. 

Luckily my family had rented a huge conversion van and driven out to Colorado, because this baby is so big it would not have made it on a plane.  Also - would they let that much metal go through security?


Lately, my cheapo DIY letters.  These are cardboard letters purchased from Joann Fabric, and painted orange. 


Do you use letters in your home decor? I would love to see it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the huge S!!! That's the first letter of my last name and I have a smaller version on my mantle!

Anonymous said...

I love letters in decorating! That large "S" was a great find. Love it.

Megan @reFind said...

Thanks! I am glad that you both like the S. It was such a find for me. I do however get the 'Nice @ss'(rather than 'Nice S' joke a lot