9.21.2010

Yellow Like This....

After Meg's post about the DIY frames yesterday I had to throw up a post about the yellow frame that I have in my basement. It's a DIY success story. Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures, which is tragic. Let me paint the "before" picture for you..... The frame started as a stark white 16" x 20" frame with a giant picture of a bright-wide-eyed red headed little girl. I'm convinced that the photo was a demo photo used for display purposes at a photography shop.  I'm going to be honest, it felt wrong purchasing the frame, knowing I would promptly be removing the picture....but it had to be done. After adding some color (using our much beloved Montana spray paint) and a new piece of art (a gift from my sister - Thanks Katie!) the frame turned out like this...



I love it! It bring so much personality into our basement and it's a nice reminder to keep things in perspective. Have you ever purchased an old frame with a less than desirable piece of artwork inside?


No comments: