5.11.2011

Pretty Laundry

I have always wanted that light, fresh and airy laundry room. One that is totally organized, that almost invites you to do your laundry.....like one of these.

modern-laundry-room-and-laundry-room-design-and-laundry-room-cabinets
Image here




Via Keeping the Kingdom First - here





Image via Cottage Living - here




Image via the Container Store - here

Making it Lovely's Laundry Room

Found on Desire to Inspire - Image via Saucy Dragonfly

Found on Desire to Inspire - Image via Junk Garden

Alas, I am stuck with these tiles (the green, yellow and off white things in the bottom of the picture), so my hope for having that "perfect" laundry nook, is more or less a dream.



However, I think that some small improvements to things, other than the floor, can make our storage area/laundry room, much better. I think a nice new washer & dryer set would do the trick...No? In fact, I find some of the new washer & dryer sets out there, downright pretty. See what I am talking about!?


LG Steam Washer & Dryer - Image here




Electrolux Front Load Washer & Dryer - Image here




GE Profile Top Load Washer & Dryer - Image here

I would love some advise from readers on washers and dryers. 
Any that you love? 
Any that you hate? 
We are considering/talking about a new set. But aren't sure we want to take the plunge.

2 comments:

Lauren @ Our Big Fat Farm Wedding said...

I just got done telling someone yesterday that I would adore a new washer and dryer set as a gift. It struck the person as an odd gift. But I think it would be quite nice. I do have experience with front loading washers. Many of the families I nanny for have them, and they are always really musty and get mildew build up. You usually need to keep the door open in between loads of laundry to avoid a bad odor whenever you open the door. I know they have a cleaning product that helps reduce this issue, but I prefer the top loading energy saver washers just because I don't like the idea of having to wash my washer.

Unknown said...

We have the Whirlpool Duet front loaders and bought them almost 3 years ago. You do have to keep the washer door open or wipe it dry, but there is a "clean" cycle that you use bleach with and it does the trick. They hold so much more than our old set, so I am very happy with them. The spin cycle on the washer gets the clothes really rung out and then it doesn't take them too long to dry. Did you see John & Sherry's post on YHL about the deal they scored?